《The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order》的笔记-第107页
笨笨的猪 (We are what we read)
- 页码：第107页 2018-10-28 12:26:06
- Asians believe that East Asia will sustain its rapid economic development, will soon surpass the West in economic product, and hence will be increasingly powerful in world affairs compared to the West.
- Asians believe this economic success is largely a product of Asian culture(basically Confucian - Order, Discipline, Family Responsibility, Hard Work, Collectivism, Abstemiousness), which is superior to that of the West, which is culturally and socially decadent.
- While recognizing the differences among Asia societies and civilizations, East Asians argue that there are also significant commonalities.
- East Asians argue that Asian development and Asian values are models which other non-Western societies should emulate in the efforts to catch up with the West and which the West should adopt in order to renew itself.
To sum up, Powerful societies are universalistic; weak societies are particularistic. Cultural assertion follows material success; hard power generates soft power.
笨笨的猪对本书的所有笔记 · · · · · ·
说明 · · · · · ·