It?s here! An all-new edition of the handbook that started the active training revolution. You'll learn how to:
* Assess training needs and participants
* Develop active training objectives
* Create practical opening exercises
* Prepare effective lectures
* Design active training exercises
* Provide for back-on-the-job application . . . and much more! Silberman is synonymous with active training. Thousands upon thousands of trainers look to Silberman for sage advice on teaching adults the way they learn best: by doing. Now Silberman presents an all-new edition of his runaway bestseller, Active Training. This handbook shows you how to design and conduct experiential programs in private and public sector organizations from beginning to end. Silberman has augmented the first edition, with a wealth of new training exercises and updated case studies, along with information on emerging training technologies and ways to substantiate the ROI of training. Plus, a new section entitled Introducing Active Training explores in greater depth the reasons why adults learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process. You get over 200 real-life designs and case examples distributed over 35 subject areas including: * coaching
* communication skills
* team building
* performance appraisals
* customer service
* problem solving
* time management
* leadership . . . and much more! The index to the case studies enables you to find a training example that suits your current need. Checklists and assessments reinforce training topics and enable you to plan for action. I'm 'Gung Ho!' about Active Training. All trainers should find it a valuable reading experience. It is loaded with sound concepts and practical ideas.
--Ken Blanchard, co-author, The One Minute Manager and Gung Ho! Within the covers of this book is all the material you need to make a course or seminar a success. Silberman?s guidebook is loaded with practical, original training tips and a whole host of ways to incorporate these ideas into your training. Experience the second edition of this training classic and you'll never face an audience the same way again. Active training starts here! --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.