The definitive guide to incorporating for small business owners and entrepreneurs
* Should I incorporate my business?
* Which form of corporation will best help me achieve long-term business goals?
* What legal liabilities do I assume when I incorporate?
* How do I take full advantage of corporate tax regulations?
Get detailed answers to these and all your other questions about incorporating your business in How to Incorporate, Fifth Edition. Attorney Michael Diamond weighs the pros and cons of incorporating, helps you choose the form of corporation that's best for you, and helps you structure your corporation for maximum legal, tax, and business advantage.
This edition covers all the latest changes in corporation and partnership laws and includes up-to-the-minute information, advice, and guidance on every topic of concern to business owners dealing with the issues and difficulties of incorporating. You'll find up-to-the-minute information on:
*When to form a standard corporation and when to go with an alternative, such as Subchapter S, partnerships, limited liability corporations, and proprietorships
* How to make statutory requirements work to your advantage
* Executive compensation and how to take tax-free benefits out of your corporation
* How to handle special agreements, securities laws, forms of incorporation, stockholders, dividends, and more
*How to complete IRS forms, take minutes, create bylaws, and post notices of meetings
* How to use incorporation forms for many different states as well as forms for general use based on the Model Business Corporation Act