前一段时间有机会看海灵格到台湾的家庭系统排列的实际操作录像，着实吃了一惊。里面有一段是海灵格面对自闭症儿童和他母亲，海灵格说“你不要看他是（自闭症）, he knows everything"（这句话我听的目瞪口呆），一阵演练后（演练本是重点，但叙述起来颇繁琐，这里就不细说了），那个孩子似乎活跃了点，海灵格说他（病症）好多了。
1、维基百科：从他经历上来看，他的主要背景是牧师和中学教师。有长期跨文化经历（到非洲祖鲁）。由于资料需要进一步核实（his section needs additional citations for verification.），只能作为一个简单的了解。
Incest Hellinger's position on Incest that the perpetrator should not be punished is regarded as questionable in the therapeutic community and is summarized by this quote taken from one of his recent books -
"Now about incest. If you are confronted with cases of incest, a very common dynamic is that the wife withdraws from her husband, she refuses a sexual relationship. Then, as a kind of compensation, a daughter takes her place. This is an unconscious movement, not a conscious one. But you see, with incest there are two perpetrators, one in the background and one in the open. You cannot resolve that unless this hidden perpetrator is brought in. There are very strange sentences that come to light. The daughter can tell her mother, "I do it for you." And she can tell her father, "I do it for mother." What is the effect of these sentences? Incest cannot go on anymore. If you want to stop it, this is the best way without any accusations.
If you bring a perpetrator to justice, then the victim will atone for what is done to the perpetrator."
Hellinger goes on to tell a story of an incest/abuse victim who became suicidal, because the perpetrator was prosecuted. 
Other controversial positions taken by Hellinger
* A breast cancer victim may secretly want to die due to a woman's unconscious "war with her mother."
* Homosexuality often results because a boy must assume the feelings of a deceased sister when there are no female siblings in the family to do it.
* Rape and incest create a bond; the perpetrator must receive "due respect" before the victim can bond with another.
* Punishment of an incest perpetrator should be avoided as it could create suicidal feelings in the victim.
* A victim can end incest by saying to her mother, "I do it for you," and to her father, "I do it for my mother."